This year, I have actually been thinking a lot about the resolutions, but instead of stopping there, I have been thinking about how I can actually accomplish the goals.
I have the personality that when life gets hard, I quit or shut down. I don't like toughing things out. I like smooth sailing. However, I can't go through life pretending like it is always going to be easy. When I gain weight, I feel like a failure and just keep gaining. When I go out and eat, I feel like I have just lied to myself about taking care of my family and it is hard for me to get back on track.
This year, I don't want to be in the same endless game I have been in the past 37 years. I want to change. I want to better myself and my family.
Here are my resolutions:
- Get healthy I am morbidly obese, not just fat. It doesn't bother me as much as it should health-wise, but I don't like the way I look or feel. I want to be able to walk around for 15 minutes without feeling like I have just accomplished a great feat. I want to live and be healthy. I want to feed my family the food they deserve to eat, not whatever is the easiest and most convenient food to make.
- Be nicer I am not a mean person, but I lose patience way too easily. Sometimes I think bad things about people who truly don't deserve it for any reason except I feel annoyed by them. I need to start truly loving my fellow human beings like they deserve to be treated.
- Do more for my husband My husband is a wonderful man and deserves a wife who will pamper him a bit more. Part of doing more for my husband is making sure he has a nice lunch and dinner to eat instead of ordering out or getting the fastest thing I can make. I want to take the time to show him my love instead of just telling him I love him all the time. We are at the point in our marriage (13 years, almost 14), where we are comfortable with each other and don't put too much effort into the marriage. I want there to be more and in order for that, I know I will have to make the first move
- Be the Mom my son deserves I am not a bad Mom. However, I have a lot of room to improve. I want to be the Mom who will allow my son to invite his friends over and be a good hostess. He deserves that. I want to allow him to have his opinions and thoughts without him thinking there is anything wrong with thinking differently than I do. My son is an excellent teenager, I couldn't have asked for a better son. Now it is time for me to step up to the plate and remember that he is growing into an adult and will need some extra space. I am not talking about buying him everything he needs, but only treating him more like the adult he will become than the baby I gave birth to.
- Start going to church more When I go to church, I feel better about myself. I miss the spiritual health I feel when I go to church. I miss the wonderful feeling of learning something new about my Savior.
- Blog more I enjoy blogging. I enjoy getting to know my readers. I know I don't live a completely interesting life, but I do enjoy keeping up with my life online.